Dacron Tape (also called Insignia Tape or Mark-Cloth) should be used to repair all cuts in the leading edge and stuts of an inflatable kite. The dacron tape will provide the strength needed to repair small cuts without creating a huge mess to undo later if you decide to get the repair done professionally.
Shop Note: Leading edge and strut cuts should always be professionally repaired and stiched. Dacron tape can be used as a quick fix to get you back on the water.
Shop Note: This is the only repair tape that should be used on the sail of a kiteboarding kite. Large cuts should always be professionally repaired, but this repair tape can save your session and is a must have item when travelling.
1. Clean area of kite to be repaired.
2. Lay out sail area to be repaired flat on a table and remove all wrinkles.
3. Match up sail using grid in fabric.
4. Round corners of the tape.
5. Place tape over cut. Do not pull or stretch the tape. Tape should go beyond the cut by at least 1/2".
6. Match another piece of tape on opposite side of sail.
NOTE: WHITE ONLY AVAILABLE