Demo Starboard 2021 Water Line 14" x 28" Lite Tech
“THE MOST PLEASURABLE FLAT WATER PADDLING EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER DEVELOPED”
“Glassy sunrise paddles is where the Waterline is in its element” ~ Trevor Tunnington
This paddle board is designed as a specialised flat-water Touring paddle board, the Waterline promises the smoothest and most relaxing paddling sensation in conditions up to shin high chop.
This shape focused on achieving maximum speed and stability with no splash or sound
At 75% speed this hull is faster than our race boards, so in essence for most riders it’s the quickest ride ever.
LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE
• Extra rigidity with introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.
• Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
• All inserts have added high density foam reinforcements.
THE NARROW V-SHAPE NOSE
Slices through water without leaving a trace behind. Even when paddling at power, the nose displaces the water without disturbance or splash, creating a feeling of pure efficiency and speed. The narrow nose also helps the board track in a straight line.
The narrowed nose gradually widens into a more parallel mid-section to maximise stability where you stand.
From the mid-section, the tail is kept wide to maintain stability when stepping back to turn and holds enough buoyancy to carry gears.
OPTIMISED THE TRUE “WATERLINE”
Providing enough volume to glide smoothly without water splashing or wrapping over the deck.
A defined rail edge helps restrict water wrapping onto the deck and sheers water off the nose.
INSPIRED FROM YEARS OF SUCCESS IN WINDSURFING
• The cutaway at the tail increases the speed by reducing drag from narrow wetted surface area.
• The cutaway allows you to increse speed as the water feels a narrower planing surface yet maintain stability from the full tail outline.
• The cutaway acts as a stabiliser, when conditions get choppy, the decks outline catches and stops the board from rolling.
RECESSED STANDING AREA
Lowers the paddlers centre of gravity for increased stability and control.
RECESSED STORAGE COMPARTMENT
• Positioned just in front of the feet making it easy and fast to access any gears.
• Recessing compartment improves aerodynamics for a faster glide, limits water flushing in and makes it more secure to stow gears.
The deck is precisely angled to let water flow efficiently out of the tail within just a couple strokes of paddling.
EVA TRACTION PAD
WITH STANDING MARKS
• Soft EVA deck pad with crocodile texture provides a comfortable grip when paddling.
• Die-cut standing marks indicate the ideal standing position to optimize the smoothest glide.
Is used on the tail of the board for traction when stepping back to turn or when accessing gears.
BUNGEE TIE DOWN
ON THE NOSE AND TAIL OF THE BOARD
• 4 x bungee inserts help secure gear and supplies on the nose.
• With 2 extra bungee inserts on the tail, perfect for carrying gear for longer distance paddlers.
• A Race Ultra fin is positioned far back for straight tracking.
• The Race Ultra has enough depth to maintain good lateral stability while being manoeuvrable to turn.
(Lite tech uses Dolfin 22″ Fin.)